Friday, November 03, 2006

Eye Candy


I downloaded a few backgrounds just to change the look a little and I accidentally RIGHT CLICKED on the menu bar and found out that they are really called PANELS and there is one at the top and bottom and you can ADD to them. You can also move things around. You just RIGHT CLICK on the PANEL (bar at top or bottom) and a menu will appear. You then pick the ADD option and a window pops up with some choice of things to add. There are about 30-35 things you can add. They range from weather to system monitors to file searches. Once you add something you just right click on that object to configure its preferences or move it around. I'll experment with a few and report on any I like.

Weather is now on my top PANEL beside the date and time (upper right). It's 25 degrees out and clear. :-)

No comments: