Friday, November 03, 2006

Another Program Installer

I followed my friend El GEE's advice and installed AUTOMATIX2. It's a package installer and adds a few choices of applications that I was looking for. The installation of Automatix2 was my first adventure into the command line (TERMINAL). I read the install instruction that were posted on Automatix2's web page and just copied and pasted the commands. A few of them I understood, like the opening a file with gedit and making a change and saving it. I think I understand the the Wget command (at lest some of it) but I will have to read about that one. As each command was executed I several lines of commands scroll by. Boy that makes me nervous. I don't like not knowing but it did work and I have added the following applications:

Scribus (Graphic Page Layout and Publication)
Bluefish Editor (HTML editor)
Screem (Web Site Editor/Manager)
Anjuta IDE (Programing Tool)
Audacity (Sound Editor)
DVD Rip (Copies DVDs)
Easytag (MP3 Tag Editor)
Kino (DV Video Editor)
XCD Roast (Create CDs)
I also added adobe Flash support to Firefox.

Now to start doing something with these programs.

No comments: