Saturday, November 04, 2006

CANNON S2 1S USB

I took some pictures with my Cannon S2 1S Digital Camera and thought I'd test it. I got out the USB Cable for it and plug it in. A window popped up and said that a DIGITAL CAMERA was plugged in and then asked me if I wanted to IMPORT photos from it. YES or CANCEL. I said YES and was then present with a window with thumbnails of the photos on my camera. I picked some by CTRL CLICKING and said ok. It then asked where I wanted them. I said HOME directory (it is a folder with your logon name and can be accessed with the PANEL menu option PLACES). It was fast and it copied the photos to a fold in my HOME directory creating a sub directory of the DATE and TIME you copied the photos.

It went just fine. Only problem was I could not find the camera after the pictures were transfered. I looked in the FILE BROWSER (MS Windows puts an icon for you camera or a drive link here) but it was not there. I thought I'd be able to browse it like a removable Hard Drive but could not find it. I'll have to play with this a little bit.

8 out of 10 (It saw the camera and let me copy my pictures to the Linux Box)

1 comment:

Enos Straitt said...

I do not have a USB camera (only serial) so I cannot comment. It would be nice if it left the link for it somewhere....maybe open the Nautilus file browser and it could be there? You can always 'mount' the device if you need to see 100% of the time.