Friday, November 03, 2006

DRM Sucks In Linux Too

I can't get a commercial DVD to play :-( I'm not trying to copy it, I just want to see it play. I put it in and it just spins and blinks the DVD roms light. I know its commercial copy protection but this sucks, I want to use my DVD that I paid for in my computer to watch it. The DVD is MONSTER HOUSE. Tomorrow I will take the DVD to work and see if it plays there on a MS Windows machine. I doubt it. DRM SUCKS. If it doesn't play on a MS Windows Machine I will return it!!!


I will try an older DVD to see if it will work on Linux.

1 comment:

Enos Straitt said...

Make sure that you installed all the codecs:
(35) Multimedia Codecs (Commonly needed audio and video codecs)
from Automatix2 and you should be able to play the DVD. I can play DVD's on both my boxes at home that have Linux Ubuntu and Automatix installed.