Sunday, November 05, 2006

CD Burning

I burnt my first CD on Linux. I put a blank CD in my burner and a window popped up and told me that I just put a Blank CD-R in a CD Burner and want to know if I wanted to:

MAKE AUDIO CD, MAKE DATA CD, or CANCEL

I chose to make a data CD. (I want to backup my photos I transfered earlier and a friend sent me some Linux How to PDFs I want to print/read and keep)

After making my choice I was present with a window (File Browser) that had a WRITE CD button in its upper right corner. I opened PLACES/HOME FOLDER and copied and pasted the files I wanted on the CD to the newly opened File Browser Window. Once I had all my files in this new window, I CLICKED on the WRITE CD button and it started. (it gave a status bar window counting up to finish).

I did not like the automated process with the built in burning. I saw some other burning programs and think I'll download a few. I use NERO 6.X on MS Windows and want something similar.

2 comments:

Enos Straitt said...

Nero makes a Linux version, IIRC.

knightmare said...

Did not know that. I will search it out. I have since found GNOMEBAKER and it has a look/function I like I think...