Thursday, November 09, 2006

View Your Mind VYM Software

I had some time to play with some of the software I've put on this Linux Box and I found one surprise, VYM (View Your Mind). Graphical Thought Organizer is the best term I can come up with for it. The software starts you off with a block in the center of the screen that you type a subject or goal into. You then right click on the block and create child objects for it and then right click on those and create child objects for them and before you know it you have a graphical outline of your SUBJECT. You can add picture, text notes, hyperlink and thought icons to your diagram. The best way to explain it to you is to just show you a picture of the one I did. I used this Blog's object as my starting subject and went from there. This was about 45 minutes of work to create. You can EXPORT charts as JPegs too.

I figured that I would just REMOVE this program for my Linux Box but I think I will keep it now. Try it before you say no.

It does have somethings I don't care for, like positioning sub-child lists and the way it colors things is weird but it might just be my 1.5 hours of experience on the program.

That was a quick chart so the spelling is probably bad.

4 comments:

Enos Straitt said...

I would like to see a good freeware version of this for Windows (for work). I cannot use Linux as much at work as I would like.

Good find!

knightmare said...

It's a little quaky but it does get the idea's down fast. I think I could use this at my job too. I may have to setup a Linux box at work now :-)

Enos Straitt said...

I have had several at work and even convinced one of the diehard Solaris guys to set up Ubuntu on a Sun box...now our unofficial wiki is on it...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.