Sunday, November 05, 2006

MP3s and Me

I changed the look a little. Yea, I know big deal you can change the background but hey this is a text heavy blog and every little graphic helps. I need to find a program or a way to capture menus and applications as they run.

I've been surfing the web today and moving media onto the Linux Box so that I have data to test apps with.

On that note, let's talk about MP3s. I copied some from one of my USB removable storage devices to the hard drive then burned them to a CD. All went very well. I opened the CD in a FILE BROWSER window and was just looking at them when I moused over one and it began to PLAY!!! When I moved the mouse off the MP3s Icon it stopped. That was cool. I like it. By the way MP3s play without problems on any of the media players I have installed.

This brings me to a problem. I saw software where I could install my iPod on a Linux Box and probably even Itunes but I think I would have to activate this machine on my iPod account. That would be my fifth. All though I will probably have a Linux box in my house after this 30 day test, it will not be this Box. This Box will get it's MS Windows hard drive back and be given to someone who insists on MS Windows being on it.

Now there are about four PodCasts (NetCasts see Leo I really listen) I listen to weekly. They are TWIT, Security Now, Leo LaPorte's KFI radio show and DL TV. All are technology related and produced by former Tech TV personalities. Any way I could just download the MP3 versions and listen to them on the Linux Box but I like listening to them in the car and while at work from my iPod. I don't want to cheat and use my MS Laptop to update my iPod but i don't want to activate this Linux Box either... What to do? What to do?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What did you do?

AFAIK, iTunes cannot be installed. Amarok handles an iPod just fine, though, including being able to pull music off the iPod. It doesn't require you to 'register' it anywhere, either (this is Free software!)