Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Road Map for the next 18 Days

This was created using VYM View Your Mind. I have gotten a lot done so far and really like Ubuntu on this desktop machine. The laptop is a different story. It looks cool. runs ok. but has some troubles. I need my VPN client so that I can do work stuff from home. Wireless is a Most have. This is a show stopper. But if you notice you'll see more working items then not. Next week is Hardware week. Printers and Scanners oh! my! I still see that I have lots of items that I need to explore so I will get it gear and start tomorrow.

This Week will be an important test week and will decide the fate of this machine. The person who is going to keep this machine when these tests are over wants an account put on here for her. So I will. She has agreed to try this Linux. She has two demands, One her Cannon i9900 Wide format printer must work without error. Second her Cannon USB scanner must work. She requires the ability to print photos from 2X3 up to 14X19. She has to have a photo organizer that is easy to use, and features rich. She wants to do some CD Riping, encoding to MP3s. DVD Ripping to iPod format. light Open Office Work, and some page layout. Internet and Email .

I see no reason that this can't happen. I will buy her a room 300-500mb external drive for storage and leave the two 80bgs in it for local stuff.

1 comment:

Enos Straitt said...

Commendable, but aggressive. Getting your better half to change to Linux is bold move...even more so n her part. I was not so lucky in trying to get Mrs. El Gee to try it. Windows is hard enough for her and she really does not like learning anything new unless her job requires it. It was all I could do to get her to try (and use) Open Office. At least on the Windows side, we are all open source or freeware, sans the OS, which is XP.