Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Remove and Reinstall Your Video Drivers (Nvidia)

After my Linux Kernel Upgrade to 3.2.0-57 I had to reboot.  On reboot I got a Black TERMINAL SCREEN asking for my USER NAME and PASSWORD.  Even after giving my user/password I was still stuck at the TERMINAL Screen.  Last time this happened it was a problem with my video driver (Nvidia).  So I tried this fix again and it worked!  Here's how;

1.  At the Terminal Screen type the following and hit ENTER;

     sudo apt-get purge nvidia* 

2. That removes your Nvidia Drivers, once it runs (it takes about 10 minutes and runs several lines in the Terminal) we reinstall the current Nvidia Driver with the following command;

  sudo apt-get install nvidia-current-updates-dev 

3.  Once this command runs, just reboot your system and you should be good to go.


No comments: